Gateways to Inclusion
$695.00 – $1,695.00
Turning Tense Moments into Productive Conversations
Featuring Sondra Thiederman, this comprehensive training program shows how painful and disruptive diversity disasters can be, and offers simple tools to help your people turn these uncomfortable situations into productive conversations.
In today’s diverse workplace, tense moments occur. When you hear something offensive, when you’ve said something wrong, when something you say has been taken out of context… these situations can lead to hurt feelings, embarrassment, anger, resentment, and much more. But these difficult encounters don’t have to remain difficult. If handled properly, these uncomfortable situations can be transformed into “gateways” that lead to better working relationships and increased understanding. In this new video, Dr. Thiederman explains that opening such a gateway to conversation—and holding it open, rather than slamming it shut in fear or anger—has immeasurable benefits. But, to make this work, people need to talk to one another.
We Need to Talk Opening that gateway to conversation – and holding it open – rather than slamming it shut in fear or anger has immeasurable benefits. But to make this work, we need to talk to each other. This video package provides four immediately-applicable skills that will turn these tense moments into productive conversations. Those skills are:
- Manage How You Feel
- Set Productive Goals
- Assess Intent Cautiously
- Communicate in a Way that Demonstrates Respect
Would you prefer to stream this video? We offer licenses that make it easy for you to stream the Gateways video, and all our programs. Just call and we can show you how easy it is to stream Gateways.
When you purchase this product as a streaming resource, you can choose to include the 17-minute main video and the 3 Extra Features. We’ll also send you the training materials via link to download so that you can have all the materials.
Streaming licenses are available and can be created for our LMS or for inclusion in your LMS, via a SCO-compliant package. Very easy to implement and this gives you administrator privileges to monitor trainees’ progress through the video and performance on the 10-question quiz. If you’d like to have a sample experience, just give us a call and we’ll set up a preview of streaming for you.
– Rohini Anand, Senior Vice-President and Chief Diversity Officer Sodexo
The Gateways program includes
This flexible training package can be used in short or long- format training and, if you wish, can be easily integrated into your existing curriculum. When you purchase this product as a DVD or USB Flash Drive, you’ll receive all the videos and training materials:
- 17-minute Main Video
- Extra Feature 1: Frequently Asked Questions, answered by Sondra Thiederman
- Extra Feature 2: Video Quiz
- Extra Feature 3: Video Case Study
- The video is fully chaptered and both formats provide the option of subtitles in English, Spanish and French Canadian.
- Leader’s Guide with a 90-minute training session and also a 45-minute refresher workshop.
- Participant Handouts
- Quiz Guide Sheets
- Note-taking Guide
- Identifying Respectful Phrases Handout
- Post-Test Handout
- PowerPoint presentation
Opening that gateway to conversation – and holding it open – rather than slamming it shut in fear or anger has immeasurable benefits. But to make this work, we need to talk to each other. This video package provides four immediately-applicable skills that will help you turn these tense moments into productive conversations. Comments during meetings are often misrepresented or misunderstood. Things can get very tense.
What You’ll Learn This skill-filled video will show your team…
- How to manage the emotions that can arise in the face of diversity-related tension.
- How to set productive goals for various types of gateway conversations.
- Why it is important not to jump to conclusions about intent and three strategies for assessing intent accurately.
- How to communicate in a way that demonstrates respect and encourages further conversation.
-Rohini Anand, Senior Vice-President and Chief Diversity Officer Sodexo
– Michael Wheeler, Assoc. Director of Diversity OMNICOMEMEDIA GROUP