Six Secret Soft S.K.I.L.L.S.
Learn six people-management skills that will make you more effective (and why), with practical-easy-to-do actions. The modular design includes videos introducing each of the six soft skills, interactive tools for exploring each of the skills, links to videos and research providing more learning, check-your-knowledge quizzes for each skill plus an optional final quiz, a downloadable workbook, and answers to frequently asked questions about the six soft skills. It can be used as a stand alone program, as an introduction to this content, or as a reminder after participants have gone through a live Six Soft Skills program. The e-Learning workshop takes at least 90 minutes to complete.
Using any one of the skills in this acronym S.K.I.L.L.S. will boost your leadership effectiveness:
• Solution Seeking explains why you want to value people with answers and team members who engage others in the process for finding solutions.
• Kudos shares the motivation research that says the best Kudos:Constructive Criticism ratio is 3:1 and explains how to give feedback effectively using that research. When giving kudos, however, it is important to know what and how to give reinforcing feedback.
• Inclusion. While there are many inclusion strategies, using names with contributions is high-leverage inclusive behavior that works really when leading diverse-multicultural teams.
• Listening, as we teach it, is a meta-emotional intelligence competency that demonstrates respect, balances cultural and personality-based communication styles and helps you learn fast.
• Learning from different perspectives is a core benefit of diversity, according to state-of-the-art Harvard Business School research – and we explore the cycle of inference and how you can make sure you include more relevant information when making important decisions.
•S.M.A.R.T.E.R. While many people-managers already know how to make S.M.A.R.T. goals (Specific, Measured, Actionable, Results-Oriented and Timed) the motivation research suggests that adding Engaging and Reinforcement to your goals, e.g. making them S.M.A.R.T.E.R. goals, boosts your team’s effectiveness.